Announcing the theme for the 2018 Artemis Journal
“Women hold up half the sky”
Call for submissions for the 2018 Artemis Journal
August 1, 2017-November 30, 2017
Artemis Journal 2018 to be published May 4, 2018 and launched at the Roanoke Taubman Museum of Art
Entries are limited to essays, science fiction short stories, poetry and art of any medium
- Submit work in word doc & a brief bio – please limit bio to 60 words or less.
- Artwork must be of publication quality (300 dpi at 8 x 10”) with title, artist, contact. Works without title will be named “untitled” – 3 entries per artist.
- Poems – 3 entries per poet.
- Essays & short stories to have a 1500 word limit. I entry per author.
- Science Fiction Short Story –Artemis has partnered with Light Bringer Project National and the Hollywood Chapter of the National Organization for Women (Hollywood NOW) in recognizing a sci-fi story that embraces feminist themes and has a strong female protagonist.
The winner of the Roswell special award “Women hold up half the sky” category receives dual publication in Artemis Journal 2018 and Hollywood NOW site plus $100 award sponsored by the Hollywood NOW. Celebrity guests in a special performance at the LitFest Pasadena will read the winning story on Saturday, May 19, 2018. Submit your story to Light Bringer Project, who will judge and select winning story – http://www.lightbringerproject.org/science-fiction-contests DEADLINE JAN. 29, 2018.
- Include your name, contact info, email address and title on every poem or art submission.
- The editors will contact you when they receive your submission, look for this confirmation to verify that your work was received-if you do not receive confirmation then please contact editors to confirm your entry.
- All submissions are reviewed by our editors and if the submitted works do not follow the exact guidelines, the work will not qualify for review and will be rejected.
- NO PDF’s of poems will be accepted.
Email Entries To:
P.O. Box 505
Floyd, Virginia 24091
To contact us with questions go to our contact page
Artemis is sponsored by The Roanoke Arts Commission and the Taubman Museum of Art, Roanoke, Virginia